Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hypocrite bastards

-You mean we are hypocrite bastards?

-Somehow yes.

-OK then.

The dialogue ends like this but there is a beginning…
. . .

We listen to Zaz’s new album. I ask Xavier to translate songs- at least to give me a general idea about what songs say. Then he has mixed feelings.

-Nesli, I really like her songs but I don’t like the idea that she makes shitloads of money. Because she makes political songs or tells stories about a simple life, she is against this capitalist world… And sells her albums worldwide, earns money. In the end, this is what she’s against to.

-But this is a great thing if she can reach millions of people and tell them her opinion, political ideas, etc… This is the power of music or any kind of art. And yes, she has to make money out of it and survive. Then she can produce more. Hold on, we’re also against this system but still feed it for our daily comforts. Look at all the electronics we use. We appreciate environmentally friendly implementations but still consume a lot! The same for politics. We hate this system but we want money for a better life.

-Yes, I know.

-Then we’re the same.

-Yes, probably.

-You mean we are hypocrite bastards?

-Somehow yes.


-OK then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hear Xavier speaking when I read you... nice share, do it more often in english, my turkish is not good enough... not yet...
biz from Gwangju!
Kris.

nesli said...

Hey Chris! I'll try my best to write in english more often until you improve your Turkish ;)

bisou for the Bastin family :)